Fair Usage Policy
1. You must only use the services for private, personal and legitimate business purposes.
What to avoid: You must not use your SIM card to support any connection where the SIM card is fitted into equipment for use with applications that primarily transfer information between fixed systems and remotely located handsets/assets or any other remote computer systems.
2. Customer shall not connect or continue connection by or on behalf of itself or any End User of any GSM Gateway(s) to the Network without Fenix Solutions prior written consent, which may be withheld at Fenix Solutions absolute discretion.
What to avoid: You must not establish, install or use a gateway device, application or SIM box (including devices tethered via cable, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, to a computer or the internet) for the purposes of making large volumes of calls or sending large volumes of texts. Don’t use gateway devices, applications, or SIM boxes to send automated messages or to make automated calls.
3. You must not use our services or SIM cards to generate artificially inflated traffic or to persistently send automated or unsolicited text messages.
What to avoid: Sending unusually high volumes of SMS messages or sending SMS messages to an unusually large number of recipients or distribution groups in a short space of time or sending any automated or unsolicited SMS messages.
4. You must not use our services or a SIM card in such a way that in our reasonable opinion we reasonably believe adversely impacts our or our suppliers’ network or the service(s) to our other customers.
What to avoid: Using our services to do anything which slows down the performance of the network or prevents other customers from using the network as intended because of congestion caused by your usage of the services.
5. You must not use our services fraudulently, in connection with a criminal offence, in breach of any law or statutory duty, to make a call or send a message or to take pictures or video or send, upload, download, use or reuse any material, which is offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing, a nuisance (including to our staff) or a hoax in breach of any rights or anyone's privacy or is otherwise unlawful.
What to avoid: Making nuisance phone calls, unlawful file sharing, and sharing, downloading or viewing inappropriate or illegal content.
6. You may use our services in our Europe Zone for periodic travel only, like business travel, holidays or short breaks. If you're not genuinely using our services for periodic travel, we may have to charge you for, or suspend you from, using our services in our Europe Zone.
What to avoid: Using our services for the first time outside of the UK or using our services within our Europe Zone for prolonged periods which don't follow reasonable business holiday or travel patterns and behaviour. If you use our services in our Europe Zone for 60 days or more in any four-month period, this is likely to be deemed to be an unfair use of our services and you will be in breach of this Fair Usage Policy.
Unlimited Plans on O2 & Vodafone:
What happens if your usage falls outside this Fair Usage policy?
Texts & Minutes are subject to a fair usage policy. The fair usage per SIM on unlimited tariffs is set at 3,000 minutes & 3,000 texts per monthly billing cycle. Any user going over this fair usage policy will receive communication requesting them to moderate their usage. If the usage continues to exceed the fair usage policy terms, Fenix Solutions reserve the right to charge for this usage or bar the services.
- RLAH data usage is limited to 25 GB per calendar month and we will charge for usage over 25 GB
- Unlimited tariffs will be monitored for fair usage. 650 GB will apply to domestic data traffic
- Customers who regularly exceed 650 GB of domestic usage or regularly tether to more than 12 devices in-line with the Fair Usage Policy will be investigated and we reserve the right to bar and/or charge for excess usage.
This is intended as a guide and doesn’t constitute an exhaustive list of how you could be breaching this Fair Usage Policy. If we reasonably suspect end users of breaching this policy, we reserve the right to impose further charges or disconnect SIM card(s), having attempted to contact you first.